GURUGRAM: Three employees of a CNG station on the Delhi-Gurugram expressway, including its manager, were stabbed to death by unknown assailants in the early hours of Monday. Police said the trio was attacked brutally with sharp-edged weapons, leaving them with multiple deep gashes.
There was no robbery as their phones as well as the lock and Rs 10 lakh in the fuel station’s safe were intact, indicating the attack was due to personal reasons.
The crime took place around 2.45am on Monday. The three employees – manager Pushpendra, pump operator Bhupendra and filler Naresh Kumar, all from UP – were on night duty at the station, which is in Sector 31 on the service road of the Delhi-Jaipur carriageway. While Pushpendra and Bhupendra were asleep in the manager’s office, Naresh was awake.
Preliminary investigation has revealed that the attack was well-planned – the assailants first switched off power supply to the CNG station, disconnecting the CCTV cameras, and then barged into the office. Pushpendra was stabbed first, followed by Bhupendra and Naresh. While the manager and operator died inside the office, Naresh managed to run across the highway to the adjoining petrol pump, where he slumped to the ground and succumbed to his injuries. The petrol pump staff spotted him and informed police.
DCP (east) Virender Vij said several police teams were sent to the spot around 3am after they received information about the murders. “Two bodies were found at the CNG pump and a third body at the adjoining petrol pump. Robbery doesn’t appear to be the motive as the lock of the safe and the Rs 10 lakh kept inside were intact,” the DCP said.
The autopsy reports revealed that sharp weapons were used to inflict deep gashes. Pushpendra and Bhupendra died within minutes of being stabbed due to massive blood loss. The reports also said there were multiple stabs on the front and rear of the chest and neck. While Bhupendra had 10 injuries in the front and back of his chest and neck, Pushpendra had eight similar stab injuries.
“Twelve injuries were inflicted on Naresh in the front and back of the chest, as well as the neck and abdomen. It appears that more than one person carried out the crime with sharp weapons because of the varying sizes of the injuries,” said Dr Deepak Mathur, the forensic expert who conducted the autopsies.
ACP (crime) Preet Pal Sangwan said, “The injuries reflect anger. Also, there was no robbery. We have formed seven police teams to look into different aspects of the crime and are closely investigating the case.”


Source link