The Myth: i have gone to the campus for the tour before, so I don’t have to visit as an admitted student.
The Verdict: even when you’ve been to campus, it is helpful to see as an admitted student as you consider carefully your admission offer.
Just what a time that is wonderful of! Admitted students recently heard it is time for students to make the important decision of where to go to college that they are part of the Trojan Family and now. At USC, we have numerous programs for students to obtain one look that is last they make their choice.
Often times pupils may think it’s pointless in the future to campus in April when they went on a tour their junior or senior 12 months. But, it can absolutely be worth your time to consult with campus within the context as an admitted student. When you take a tour as a prospective student, you are coming to campus to think about using to USC. Is this a chance? Can I see myself here? What information do I need to know about applying?
Visiting campus being an admitted student is an entirely different feeling and set of questions that need answers. At this point, USC is absolutely a possibility. We’ve extended an offer of admission, and now it’s time to just take a serious and look that is close. Where would we be residing? Who would be my classmates? Which professors is teaching my classes? What communities will I join? Visiting campus as an admitted student helps you answer those questions and start to visualize your potential experience at USC.
So come visit us! It is possible to sign up for Explore (full day programs), Preview (half time programs), or Admitted Student Day throughout your online portal at you.usc.edu.
Can’t come to campus? We possibly may be visiting a populous town near you! We recognize that traveling to campus may be logistically difficult, but we should be sure to answer all your questions. Reservations for off-campus events can also be made at you.usc.edu.
Congratulations! With respect to the workplace of Admission, welcome to the Trojan Family. We aspire to see you on campus!
Mythbuster: I’ve been admitted to spring, so I’m waitlisted
The Myth: we’m a spring admit, and so I’m essentially waitlisted.
The Verdict: No! You’re admitted to USC!
Every year, USC admits students to the spring semester, expecting to enlist about 300-500 of those students. Many people assume spring admission is our waitlist. And while we could possibly move some of the learning pupils to the fall semester, spring admission isn’t a waitlist. Spring admission is an admission offer to USC.
So just why do it is done by us? Well, every we know there will be students leaving in the spring semester by either graduating early or studying abroad year. We also have a very competitive admission process at USC, so we can never acknowledge all the wonderful students who connect with USC. So spring admission allows us to admit a lot more of the amazing pupils we would like at USC because we realize we will have more space available in the spring semester.
Spring admits aren’t any less important to USC than students admitted to the fall or students who transfer to USC after a couple of semesters of university elsewhere. Spring admits are just as much USC students as other Trojan, and they are wanted by us at USC as just about any Trojan. Arriving at USC in the spring enables you to start your college experience in an unique way. You can ease to the college transition by taking classes at a neighborhood college. You can explore the world through a study abroad program. You could take a break through the grind and revel in a months that are few of school!
You should visit our website at www.usc.edu/springadmit when you yourself haven’t done so already. You will find a lot of details about the resources we have for the spring admits ranging from course planning the fall to USC that is purchasing football tickets.
That you are an accomplished student and a wonderful addition to the Trojan Family if you are a spring admit, please know. We look ahead to inviting you to campus spring 2017.
Dear Admitted Transfer Students…
Many transfer students are beginning to hear from us with decisions. If you have actuallyn’t already, don’t panic. We will contact everyone else by June 1st with either a request for spring grades or even a decision. Which basically means more waiting…sorry. For those of you’ve got currently been admitted, or are wondering just what the steps that are next be if you are admitted, this blog’s for you personally.
- In your letter of admission, you have probably noticed that it says you will need to submit your Enrollment Commitment deposit by June 1st or within two weeks of getting your admission letter. This implies, in the event that you get the admission decision before June 1st, you have until June 1st to choose. You have actually a couple of weeks to submit the deposit and form if you will get the letter after June 1st
- Fill out the FAFSA and the CSS profile ASAP, if you don’t already completed. We usually do not desire your capability to commit to USC to be held up by school funding. The earlier these documents are had by us, the quicker we can allow you to get the information.
- Submit your housing application. Although housing is not fully guaranteed for transfer pupils, there is some availability. The earlier you apply, the better the probabilities. It is possible to submit your housing application prior to the commitment deposit. USC additionally has student that is off-campus, so don’t forget to check those options also.
- Register for Orientation 5-7 business days after your submit your commitment deposit. You will receive an e-mail with the link.
- Send all final official transcripts from your many recent term in college.
- Get SUPER excited because you are a Trojan!
Of program, our company is constantly willing to help. So us a call if you need anything, please just give!